Williamsburg, VA (PRWEB) January 25, 2012
Borrell Associates has unveiled the lineup for its 2012 Local Online Advertising Conference in New York, and it again includes a mix of brilliant thinkers, a heavy dose of leading market-share performers, and four workshops that take deep dives in how to drive revenues. In all, Borrell Associates has selected more than 50 speakers for its March 21-22 conference at the Grand Hyatt in New York City.
- A keynote by Bob Garfield, media analyst, Ad Age columnist, NPR host and author.
- A keynote by Maryam Banikarim, executive vice president and CMO of Gannett Inc., who is shaking things up inside the one of the largest local media companies in the country.
- Michael Vivio, president of Valpak and Cox Target Media, who is transforming a business that delivers 500 million envelopes annually containing 40 billion offers into one that delivers coupons and deals via the web and mobile devices.
- Ezra Kucharz, president of CBS Local, which has launched an aggressive online revenue initiative across its sales force of 1,700 ad sellers at nearly 70 local radio and TV stations.
- David Krantz, CEO of AT&T Interactive, which employs the largest local advertising sales force in the nation and drove nearly $1 billion in online ad revenues last year – more than any other company.
- Court Cunningham, CEO of Yodle, the fastest-growing local online advertising company in the U.S. with revenues close to $100 million.
- Mariam Dilawari, group planning director of J. Walter Thompson of New York
- Nicolas Gaudreau, vice president of digital media for Yellow Media (formerly Yellow Pages Group) in Canada
- Yale Cohen, director of digital media at Zenith Interactive
- Chris Hendricks, vice president of Interactive Media for The McClatchy Co., one of the nation’s largest newspaper companies where online revenues are approaching one-fourth of total gross revenues.
- Sean Reigsecker, CEO of Centro, one of the largest local online advertising networks
Borrell Associates’ speaker announcement is tantamount to naming the top performers in the local online advertising industry. Speakers are vetted through Borrell Associates’ database of online ad revenue for more than 5,200 local media companies. “Fantastic ideas don’t interest us as much as fantastic revenue performance,” said CEO Gordon Borrell. “We pack our agenda with people who are driving revenues in a big way and seek out the vendors who are helping them get there.”
The deep-dive sessions will focus on revenue performance, organizational structure and sales strategies.
- A 90-minute workshop with key managers from Deseret Digital Media, where a large digital-only staff has been combined with traditional newspaper, radio and TV reps to drive $20 million in revenue from one market. The panel will be headed by Clark Gilbert, CEO, and feature six of his front-line managers.
- Eight back-to-back speakers selected from companies that get the largest share of their market’s digital revenues in the radio, TV, newspaper and yellow pages industries.
- A three-hour, pre-conference workshop, organized by John Arnold, director of education for the Mobile Marketing Association, tackling mobile ad-sales training. A 90-minute workshop that examines the expanding partnerships that Yahoo is creating with print and broadcast partners. The network has enabled 6,500 local ad salespeople at hundreds of newspapers and TV stations to sell advertising on Yahoo pages in their respective markets.
About Borrell Associates:
Borrell Associates is an advertising research and consulting firm that assists local media Web sites in maximizing their ad revenue. Borrell Associates helps media companies to develop and implement fact-based strategies and ad-sales tactics supported by our proprietary local ad-spending data through products such as the Compass Report that details local ad-spending patterns for 100 businesses by 13 media. In 2011, Borrell Associates acquired Belden Interactive, a leading survey research firm studying ad-spending intentions at the local-level by SMBs.